Anglican Diocese of Port Elizabeth

Click to learn more about our diocesan coat of arms

Home | Clerical Directory | Diocesan Directory | Parishes | Full Directory (requires login) | Events | News | Synod | iindaba






Parish Information

All Saints United
Telephone: 042-243-2395
Somerset East
Somerset East

Currently Vacant

History:
This little Church is, sadly, no more. In the months during the run up to the 1994 elections this isolated place of worship, situated alongside the main highway northwards was too tempting a target for frustrated arsonists and was put to the torch. Before this happened Anglican congregants had become so few, that the building had been leased to the local Methodists at the nominal rental of R1 per annum! First record of a service at Paterson, or Sandflats as it has also been known, is taken from Alexandria records of 1893. For some time the place was under the pastoral care of the clergy from St Mary's Church, PE, but was placed under the care of the rector of Alexandria in 1941. The original wood and iron church later became the "mission church" while the brick building, recently reduced to ashes, was built in 1902.

Back to previous page

Home | Clerical Directory | Diocesan Directory | Parishes | Full Directory (requires login) | Events | News | Synod | iindaba

Powered by PE Church Net / Easy CMS Website Builder