St David 8.00 am (BRM)
St David's was built on land donated in 1937 by Mrs Natalie Cullen and dedicated by her husband, Bishop A H Cullen in 1939, but records show that services at Bushman's River were held as early as January 1911. Early services were held in the home of the Revd Voyle Morgan who bequeathed the house to the diocese as a holiday home for clergy. This cottage has since been disposed of and the diocesan trustees are waiting to reinvest the proceeds in suitable real estate. Extra improvements in size and function have been necessitated by a growing congregation which averages between sixty and seventy most Sundays, but which balloons to over 800 for the three services catering for the Christmas holiday influx. The firm foundation laid by generations of faithful priests, aided by generous and God-centred laity, that enables this parish to approach the next century with confidence.
Back to previous page
| Clerical Directory
| Diocesan Directory
| Full Directory (requires login)
Powered by PE Church Net / Easy CMS Website Builder